- Anne Kelly Aikman
- Current role: Senior Vice President, Shankai Sports
Anne has a strong ability to strategically “connect-the-dots” across her vast international network of contacts in the sports movement and leveraging her experience in key account management, business development, implementing presence marketing, VIP corporate hospitality, event operations and strategy development.
Her career has spanned the Olympics since 1992, FIFA World Cup, UEFA Champions League, America’s Cup and IGF’s successful bid to get golf onto the Olympic Programme. She has also worked with bidding cities for the Olympics and Commonwealth Games in the preparation of their candidacies, so she understands all facets of major sporting events.
- Becky Meisels
- Current role: Social Entrepreneur
- Founder and CEO of Seri Couture
- Seri Couture creates luxury gowns made from Cambodian Golden Silk.
- Previous role: GM at GSK Consumer Healthcare
- Management, sales, marketing, and communications experience in healthcare and CPG industries
- Strengths: Visionary leadership, strategy development, coaching.
- Hobbies: Cooking, running, and wildlife photography.
“If we want to see gender equality in the workplace, providing mentorship to young women is critical. Honest, generous feedback and coaching is necessary for professional growth.”
- Enoch Li
- Current role: Play Consultant, Bearapy
- Consults on corporate culture and organizational behavior, focusing on leadership development, team dynamics, employee engagement, and wellbeing
- Blends the power of playfulness (creativity, innovation, stress management, and self-awareness) into her consulting and facilitation work, discerning the unconscious and emotional factors that affect decision-making and organization culture
- Avid speaker and writer in mental health, creativity and women leadership, published and quoted in different media
- Strengths: Access to her inner child, curious and silly, intuitive & observant but mostly impatient, somewhat cynical & sarcastic, aware that she does not know much
- Hobbies: Basketball, Chinese calligraphy, tai chi, jigsaw puzzles, cooking
“Be kind to yourself, the world can wait…”
- Hedvig Berry Wibskov (Available for Wechat/Skype mentoring only)
- Current role: Confidence Coach
- Currently working towards coaching certification with ICA
- Specialty niche: Confidence coaching for women executives who wish to excel at public speaking among other talents.
- Strengths: Open to new people and new experiences. Able to teach this ability to others.
- Hobbies: Classical ballet, writing articles for my website and street chic photography
- Instagram: ‘Hedvig_Wibskov’
- Website: ‘hedvigwibskov.com’
“I love helping women to build their confidence. It is meaningful work which excites me and helps me to develop new skills.”
- Jennifer H. Sachs
- Current role: Founder, The Learning Center and Administrative Principal, Hyde Academy
- Create innovative learning solutions for students preparing to study abroad.
- Responsible for analyzing trends in education and changes in policies within China’s education sector.
- Strengths: Strong communicator in English/ Mandarin with in-depth knowledge of Chinese culture and business.
- Hobbies: cooking, reading, and traveling
“I am thrilled to have an opportunity to share what I have learned with others through mentoring, and I look forward to discovering even more through this process!”
- Kelly Brantner
- Current role: Managing Director, Triticum Partners
- Former Executive Director of Asian Operations for Rutgers Business School and she has over 20 years of work experience in the education/training sector. Her career started in Vancouver, BC, where she worked for MICA Unrestrictedational, one of Canada’s largest private consulting firms. Her work experience has focused around market expansion, operations and business development.
- Skills to share: How to build your network and tap into their expertise, the transition from a large corporation to an entrepreneur, working with multiple stakeholders, marketing and business development and making a career transition to a new industry
- Lisa Alleyne
- Current Position: Activities Coordinator
- Positions Held in The Last 5 Years:
- Student Activities Coordinator (THIS)
- Director & Content Manager (Thrive Beijing)
- Director of Outreach (Artists Abroad)
- Homestay and Activities Coordinator (University of Guelph)
- Establishing Partnerships, International Partnerships, Student Programming, International Student Settlement, Event Coordination, Entrepreneurship, Networking
- Sports, live music, cooking, reading, writing
- Martina GERST
- Current role: Advisor Regulatory Affairs
- Working closely with European Small and Medium-sized companies and Gov’ Organizations to explain and advise them on standards, market access, and IP related topics for E-Commerce, Supply Chain Management, Organizational Management in technology sectors.
- Strengths: Highly analytical, open-minded, considered to be persistent.
- Hobbies: Badminton, swimming, 10k, and learning Chinese.
“Mentoring is a great way of mutually learn from each other and share professional and life experiences.”
- Melissa Rodriguez
- Current role: Naturopathic Doctor
- Treat illness and prevent disease using natural therapies that are effective and safe.
- Can treat a wide range of conditions and people of all ages and stages of life, including pregnancy.
- Strengths: Knowledgeable, caring, empathetic, and a good listener.
- Hobbies: Wellness, fitness, photography and writing.
“I feel very honored to be able to encourage women in this relaxed and supportive environment. I only wish I had known about mentor walks when I first arrived in China.”
- Tracy Driscoll
- Current role: Senior Consultant and Head of Coaching, The Leadership Group
- From Australia, Tracy has over 20 years of leadership experience in China. She is a PCC executive coach and leads a team of 50 coaches in Asia. She has led 3 companies and has a background in marketing communications before moving into leadership.
- Strengths: People leader and developer, communications, strategic planning and implementation.
- Hobbies: Reading, yoga, being in nature, meditation.
“I love helping others find their true calling, find their balance in life and step into their power.”
- Carnisa Berry
- Current role: Relationship Life Coach
- Coach, Speaker, Author.
- I use emotional awareness to help my clients gain clarity, thus empowering them to create the life they want.
- Strengths: Able to lead people to transform their lives.
- Hobbies: Reading, photography, socializing, and traveling.
“I’m excited to mentor. So many great women have helped me on my journey. Therefore, I think it’s important to give back.”
- Sofia Ericsson
- Current role: Civil servant on leave without pay
- Worked in the aid business (development cooperation for more than 20 years) both for the Australian and Swedish government as well as NGO sector.
- Focused on performance management.
- Strengths: Skilled networker, communicator and highly analytical and curious.
- Hobbies: Reading, crafting, travelling and spending time with family and friends.
“Being a mentor means sharing and empowering someone in their life and career. It is about listening and sharing letting both grow.”
- Claudia Liu
- Current role: Regional Compliance Officer
- Lead and drive compliance management system in over 20 entities across Great China Region
- Strengths: Communication, strategic thinking, ownership, coaching, empowerment
“No matter how tiny it might be, I still love to share the tips and lessons learn during my career development. Actually, being a mentor is also a self-reflection journey and rewarding for myself.”
- Shane Yan (Available for Wechat/Skype mentoring only)
- Current role: Trainer, Facilitator, Life Coach, Founder of Beijing Coaching Circle, Founder (of company in Singapore)
- Responsible for the development and delivery of workshops
- Works with clients to overcome obstacles and achieve their goals
- Organizes fortnightly events for the purpose of encouraging the self- development and presentation skills of the community
- Works with the team in Singapore to manage, run and develop the business
- Strengths: Creates presentations with impact, Able to help you work and achieve your goals, Engaging, Creative and Resourceful
- Hobbies: Badminton, Jogging, ‘Inspirational’ cooking, Connecting people, Bringing people together
“I love developing people and helping them overcome their obstacles to unleash their potential.”
- Stacy Palestrant
- Current role: Co-Founder of Elite Scholars of China
- Founded an education consulting company.
- Oversee all functions of this entrepreneurial company.
- Strengths: Strategic planning, developing company culture, growing an organization.
- Hobbies: Spending time with children, participating in the community.
“I remember my first professional mentor. She helped me put things into perspective and gave me inspiration. I would love to do that for someone else!”
- Du Xiuyan
- Over 26 years working experience in multinational companies such as IBM，Siemens and Shell. During the last 9 years, worked at Microsoft China as operation lead for Customer, Partner and Field Ops in Greater China Region.
- Very familiar with operations, sales management, procurement, logistic, control and compliance, and auditing.
- Strong leadership skills in building a high performance team to achieve aggressive business goals; rich experience in attracting talent, motivating and developing people, and helping them to realize their potentials and achieving career goals.
“Making other great is what I love doing.”
- Zhang Lijia
- Current role: Writer, Social Commentator, Public Speaker
- Gathering information, developing stories, book writing, both fiction and non-fiction
- Commenting on social, cultural and political changes, writing commentary pieces for international media
- Lecturing at universities and giving talks at international seminars and conferences
- Strengths: Good story-telling, effective writing and communication, journalism and public speaking
- Hobbies: Reading, travelling, Swimming, yoga, cooking, hiking
“I have greatly benefited from more experienced friends who have gone out of their way to give me guidance and help. It’d be a great pleasure to offer something to others, especially those who share my passion in literature and writing.”
- Dalida Turkovic
- Current role: Executive Coach/Business Owner
- Coaching leaders and executives at times of transitions, assists organizations in creating solutions for the development of the high performing teams
- Founder of Small Steps (China) Ltd.
- Founder of the Beijing Mindfulness Centre
- Strengths: Good listener, creative, mindful
- Hobbies: Hiking, drawing
“Embrace big change by taking small steps, whilst keeping the body and mind in balance.”